As an indie band, it can be overwhelming to look at the world of social media and wonder where to start.
With so many different social media platforms out there, it’s important to identify where to spend what little time you have. This post will go over a few of the more important tools.
Before We Start:
It is assumed that you already have the following Social Media platforms:
- A Webpage/Blog
Additional Social Media platforms would include:
Now onto the tools…
Tweetdeck impressed Twitter so much that they bought them out for $40 million! Consider Tweetdeck to be your social media hub. It can control your Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Foursquare. It can also be used with WordPress and Tumblr with a little bit more integration.
- Check in directly to Foursquare from the client interface.
- Update Facebook, MySpace, Fourquare, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Retweet using different styles
- Manage all your twitter conversations
- Watch YouTube videos within the interface. You can also record and share video clips with TwitVid
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Schedule future check-in’s or send a tweet in the future
- See all the current twitter trends
- Add, create and manage Twitter lists
- Share and view photos with support from Flickr, Twitgoo and mobypicture.
- Use Keyboard shortcuts
Check out this video…
Want to expand your social media reach as if it had an Inspector Gadget arm? Then you need to check out Headliner.fm. It’s super simple to use. It gives you massive exposure while at the same time giving even more exposure to other bands.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up
- Connect your Facebook, Twitter and MySpace accounts
- Invite friends and recommend some of the various promotions out there on the platform
- Earn credits towards running your own campaigns. When running campaigns you have access to hundreds of other users who are sharing your campaign with all their friends and family with their social reach.
- Rinse and repeat.
This is an extremely useful social media tool for bands to use when they are looking to gain massive exposure and fan base in a short time.
There are additional premium membership options that give in depth analytics to study.
Do you have a group of super fans that would die to get their hands on any and everything you release? PledgeMusic is a great social media tool for bands to use to generate some additional funds.
You can integrate your Facebook and Twitter accounts to this service so that you may provide exclusive content to your die hard fans. Not only does this allow you to raise a few more dollars to buy that tour van or next peice of stage equipment, but it gives you the opportunity to reward your fans and interact with them more.
Pledge music also allows you to offer “pre-sale” copies of your up and coming album. It’s a way to fund that ever expensive album recording. You can also offer exclusive bonuses during development of your album for those that have already purchased.
These tools can be very powerful in your hands! Be prepared for an onslaught of fans to begin following you!
If you are using Social Media in your promotions, we would love to hear about it here Social Media and Indie Bands
No related posts.